Seal 'N Heal Horse Wound Shield
Purpose Wound Shield is an important choice for equine dermatological and wound management. It is ideal for managing chronic and acute wounds, skin infections, burns, and incision sites. Wound Shield promotes an optimal healing environment in the presence of exudate, blood, and damaged tissue. Due to its versatility and lack of toxicity, the Wound Shield product can be used in all stages of wound healing.
- Contains a complex silicone system that forms a water resistant, non-occlusive, protective barrier over the skin
- Prevents excessive trans-epidermal water loss (e-TEWL) that is associated with decreased healing rates
- It will not occlude the skin’s natural “breathability”, unlike petroleum-derived products
- Uses 1.0% hydrocortisone as the active ingredient to reduce inflammation and relieve pruritus
- Contains chlorhexidine digluconate that is effective in the formula against more than 21 different wound pathogens including Gram +/- bacteria, yeast, and fungi
- Uses a therapeutic dose of witch hazel to help relieve inflammation and pruritus
- Contains pure French lavender essential oil for calming, clean scent while serving as an antiseptic
- Contains Olivamine 10® - a synergistic blend of small molecules that facilitates optimal wound healing
- Can be used with or without bandaging
- Chronic and acute wounds
- Non-healing wounds
- Skin infections
- Incision sites
- Dermatophytosis (ring worm)
- Dermatophilosis (rain rot)
- Pastern dermatitis (scratches)
- Skin infections
Benefits Olivamine 10® contains a delicately balanced patented fusion of olive leaf extract, methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), N-acetyl-L-cysteine, L-taurine, L-proline, glycine, and vitamins B3 and B6. It is a proven antioxidant formula found exclusively in all Pinnaclife products that protects against free radicals that lead to inflammation and disease. The Olivamine 10® composite is scientifically proven to reduce healing times by 50%.
Clinically Tested and Approved by Craig Griffin, DVM, Diplomate ACVD, and Wayne Rosenkrantz, DVM, Diplomate ACVD
Analytical Testing preformed by Micro Quality Labs. Testing methods conform to ISO 9001 and GLP Standards.
*Full results on file